Iris: Legend of the Trinity Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Sci-fi/Fantasy Anthro Universe! Create your own characters, stories, and adventures with others in the ever-changing, conflicted galaxy of Iris.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 25 on Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:48 pm
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Most active topics
A Brand New Start
Blood and Brotherhood
My horrible art dump
The Lore of Iris
Hello world!
Species listing
RULES: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING.
Planet listing

A Brand New Start

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dione Captor

Dione Captor

Female Posts : 30

A Brand New Start Empty
PostSubject: A Brand New Start   A Brand New Start Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2017 8:31 pm

"Why did you say it's cute? It's not." Dione pouted and folded her arms while she went back to walking at a normal pace instead of running after the purple leopard she had been chasing but currently caught up with. The wolf headed over to the ticket machine and bought two single tickets to Ki-Mun. The duo was heading back to Dione's home to start training again. 

'Today did not go as I expected..' the dark canine thought as she handed one of the tickets over to Yukiko. She put her wallet away and walked to the train. 'One moment you're hiding from the rain on a mission, then suddenly you're taking someone back home with you who's basically a stranger..' However, the girl felt a weird connection between herself and the violet feline. There was something about the way she acted that made Dione feel at ease and made her let her usually arrogant, aggressive guard down, showing her nicer side. 

Dione woke up from her trance as she stepped into the train. Once inside she looked back and nodded at the girl she was taking with her. "You ready to go?" With that, the canine walked further into the train, searching for a double seat that was unoccupied, not looking back to see if Yukiko would be following her, afraid to be disappointed last-minute.
Back to top Go down

A Brand New Start Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Brand New Start   A Brand New Start Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2017 10:25 pm

To say today had been weird would be a major understatement. One minute she was enjoying watching the heavy rain from inside her work with a sweet cup of coffee that she didn't even like all that much, then the next thing she knew she was at a train station with someone she had barely met with all of the things she owned in a backpack.

Stranger danger much?

It was all for a bigger reason though as whle they only met a short while ago, they both stuck together like glue and found themselves bonding together in such a flawless way. It started with a mutual annoyance, but ended in the universes weirdest friendship. Not to mention Dione was about to take her under her wing and become her master as she trained to become an assassin of all things. But first she would have to meet the Master Dione herself trained under. That was scary.

It had been a few years since Yukiko had come to the capital, and she felt there was no need to leave what she had managed to build up. Strangely enough though, the grey canine she was accompanying back to Ki-Mun had managed to rather easily convince her to come with her after also telling her in only a way she could that her Cryokinesis was not a bad thing to have. She felt a strong bond developing towards her, and it opened her eyes to just how different everyone really was. 

The pouty words of said female who had just caught up to her made a smirk find its way onto her muzzle. "You know that is a lie, just look at your little frustratated face!" She moved a hand to gesture to the darker females face in general that she could tell was still a little embarrassed. "Learn how to take a compliment, or others will start asking questions."

Yukiko watched Dione fell into a state of deep thought, almost like she was running on auto pilot as she stepped on to the train as soon as the automatic doors opened fully. It was now or never to make the final decision. She had said goodbye to her boss, her co worker and her house, now it was time to finally say goodbye to the place she called home for almost four years. She turned round to the rest of the station and mumbled a soft goodbye to nobody in particular before turning around again and darting on to the train just as the doors were beginning to close again. 

As she caught up with Dione who had taken to looking out for a double seat, she nearly bumped into the dark wolf as she tried to stop herself. "Whew! That was close. Is that the answer you wanted to hear?" She knew that Dione was still under the impression that she was going to turn tail and run at the last minute, but she felt like this was a big step in the right direction towards making her life better.
Back to top Go down
Dione Captor

Dione Captor

A Brand New Start Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Brand New Start   A Brand New Start Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 3:27 pm

After hearing the female cat's voice, Dione's ears perked up and she let out a barely audible sigh of relief. The girl was surprised to hear that voice, although she wasn't sure why. After all, the feline had given up her home and her job already so there wasn't a lot holding her back apart from the fact that she'd move in with a total stranger she just met that day. "It was a close call indeed. Glad you made it though." she said without looking backwards and before going silent. 

Apart from all weird emotions surging through her, the wolf felt relatively calm. She sat down in one of the seats she had found and put her bag in front of her. Her life in Ki-Mun was about to change drastically. It had been five years since she had moved there and she was quite at home with the old goat lady Duli. She had become sort of a second mother to Dione. Despite being strict and harsh at times, the woman was kindhearted and did anything to make things right again if they had become wrong. She was someone the canine looked up to greatly and hoped to be like some day. For now, however, she had to focus on fully finish her training and help Yukiko getting started.

There had been rumours of a Rahsik attack in a village not too far away from Ki-Mun and it was something that bothered Dione slighty. Nevertheless, she was looking forward to going back home, seeing Master Duli again and everyone else she knew in her town. 'I wonder how her meeting at the counsil went.. they tend to be so harsh on people, so cruel at times..' The girl was in deep thought as the train started moving. 

The sudden movement of the vehicle had startled her slightly as she usually got into a slight trance when thinking deeply about things. The wolf rubbed her eyes with one hand and as she let it down again she smelled a whiff of the tiger's cologne, the man she had taken out mere hours ago. It made her frown slightly and think back to the child she had seen in the house. She seemed like such a bubbly little tiger, wearing that adorable dress and a big smile on her face. The mother must've been a beautiful woman to bring forth such a pretty child. 

It made Dione feel bad for the family she had brought such great grief upon but at least she had been able to spare the biggest part of the family. The canine girl shook her head as if she was trying to shake away the memories and stretched. After a minute she spoke up again. "The trip should be about two and a half hours, not too long. After that we'll have to take a taxi to my house, seeing as it's on the other side of the town and I don't want to walk. Don't worry about money, I have more than enough with me to pay for the both of us. If we want to we could even get something to eat before leaving the train station."
Back to top Go down

A Brand New Start Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Brand New Start   A Brand New Start Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 5:22 am

It wasn't hard to distinguish the relief in the monotone females voice once Yukiko spoke aloud. She didn't really believe she would just go back on her word, now did she? 
The purple feline frowned slightly at Dione. She had hoped that the darker furred girl would have had more faith in her than that! 
But then she had to remember they did barely know each other, what with only meeting earlier in the day and all that. She still wanted to know what it really was that caused Dione to ask her to join her and train to become an assassin. Yukiko wasn't normally one for just up and leaving with strangers either, so she deemed the occasion as a very unusual one. At the same time though, it felt like it was the right thing to do, which was even more confusing. 

Yuki looked to the canine in question, only to notice the troubled expression she was trying so hard to hide while she was in such deep thought. She knew it had to have been part of that mission she was tasked to carry out, for she wasn't at all like this before the two left the cafe back in the capital. 

"I uhh... I know it's probably classified and the usual stuff, but you look like something is really getting to you. Are you alright?" She asked the question softly as to not gain attention to any potential nosey anthros sitting nearby. "Even if you want to talk in code, remember I'm here to lend an ear if you need anything off your chest. "

No doubt the question and statements went unheard as the wolf girl was still glaring towards the floor of the train before jumping ever so slightly as the transportation vehicle began to move suddenly. A slight smirk fell onto Yukikos soft features at catching Dione off guard once again. What was the term she had heard by a lot of other assassins who came to the cafe for rest, expect the unexpected at all times? Her amber gaze lingered on the hard brown ones of her acquaintance as she informed the keen leopard about the length of time they would be on the train before they got to the darker ones home. The mention of food, however made the violet and white females stomach growl loudly at the word food, making her flush with embarrassment. 

"Well, uhhh yeah... I kinda have only had coffee all day, hehehe." Yukiko scratched behind her left ear nervously. "With everything happening I didn't think to eat at the time."

Last edited by ForevaYoung on Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dione Captor

Dione Captor

A Brand New Start Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Brand New Start   A Brand New Start Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 10:32 am

The nervous scratching of Yukiko brought up questions in Dione. Why was she being nervous? Was she scared of the wolf? What did she do to scare the purple leopard? The girl opened her mouth to ask her but made up her mind the very same second and stopped. However, she remembered that she still hadn't explained some things. The cat's daily routines would change a lot and she would have to work a lot more on her stamina, balance and agility to even getting close to finishing the full training. And that tail of hers should be controlled, it's as if it had a mind of its own.

"So.. you do realise that there's going to be a lot of changes and hard work from now on?" She waited for a moment to give the cat some time to let it sink in and reply if she wanted to. "You will have to get used to little sleep, lots of cardio training and dangerous tasks. It won't be easy but it's managable. Your diet will have to change as well to build up some muscle and some extra fat on that brittle body of yours." With that she patted her own tummy which wasn't fat, but had a nice few strong core muscles and a small bit of extra body fat which would be used by her own body if she ran out of food on missions or if she ever got lost somewhere. 

"Oh, and don't forget to think about some new clothes. You'll need a training uniform. You can have my old stuff for now, they may be a bit wide but that's fine I guess. I'm about to finish training soon anyways so if I get my own Master rank I'll get you some new gear. For now my stuff will suffice. About weapons, you'll have to learn to shoot and aim as well, train knife weilding and throwing and some sword training. It may be very old fashioned but guns aren't everything either."

The grey wolf paused for a moment. "Sorry if it's a lot to take in but I thought I'd let you know what you're going to be doing."
Back to top Go down

A Brand New Start Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Brand New Start   A Brand New Start Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 2:53 pm

Yukiko felt her ears lowering at the amount of work she was going to have to put in to this. She knew there would be a lot to work on considering she literally served people food and drinks for a living, that doesn't exactly require a lot of body work to do. She looked at the floor for the train for a moment, taking her time to think herself. 

After a few minutes, she raised her gaze to the empty seats across from them. "I know there's a lot to work on, but I honestly didn't think I was in that bad shape. Sure the aiming and everything could use a lot of work because I didn't have the need to do any of this, but I didn't think I was so bad fitness wise. Then again I guess it's just a natural thing for you if you've been doing it for a long time anyway."

She folded her hands in her lap and leaned back slightly in her seat. "I guess it's just nerves. Moving from one extreme to another is quite exhausting, mentally of course. I do not think this brain of mine has quite understood what's going on yet. I'm kind of running on auto pilot with everything right now. But... I don't want to disappoint you. You've put this opportunity out and I know you don't want to waste your time with a quitter."

Yukiko thought back to the times when things got tough for her in her village, where they were still living, from her knowledge anyway. If only they could see her now. "Couldn't ever amount to anything because I'm a freak my ass." She mumbled almost incoherently. They made her so angry. How can 'family' turn on someone like that? 

She suddenly shook her head angrily. Now was not the time to dwell on the past. She was here and they were out there where she didn't need to ever see them again. 

Right?
Back to top Go down
Dione Captor

Dione Captor

A Brand New Start Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Brand New Start   A Brand New Start Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 4:25 pm

"I heard that. Stop beating yourself up for fuck's sake." It seemed as if Dione thought she heard all Yukiko mumbled but in fact she only heard the first part. "You're pretty cool and those powers, man, some people would kill to be able to do what you can. I would at least.."

She paused for a moment. "I know training will be difficult, especially since I have no clue where your limits lay with your ice and stuff, but I'll do my best to help where I can, even if it takes a lot of time to even try to slightly understand how your powers work." The wolf smiled and reached down to grab her cloak, wrapped it around her and curled up in her seat, almost as if she was a totally normal person with a blanket, travelling to where ever they needed to be. "I just want you to be sure of this decision." She yawned and turned around to face the window, her back turned to the violet female next to her and slowly dozed off.

When she woke up a lot of time had passed and they were nearly at Ki-Mun. Only five minutes left untill they arrived at the trainstation. Without saying a word, Dione packed her cloak and fixed the borrowed hoodie which had slightly tangled her neck in her sleep. After doing all that she rubbed her eyes, stretched as far as she could and fell back into her chair with a sigh. "G'morning." she said jokingly to the cat next to her.
Back to top Go down

A Brand New Start Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Brand New Start   A Brand New Start Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 8:54 pm

The harsh tone was something Yukiko was already becoming accustomed to regardless of the little time they spent together. It was just how the wolf girl was no point in sugar coating things just to make someone feel better, right? Dione did have a point though with limits and everything however: she had not touched her abilities since the day she unlocked them. All she knew was with the amount of energy she spent to save that boys life on that fateful day, she felt an immense wave of cold covering her body. It had been the weirdest thing though, as it was as if it was from the inside that the freezing cold originated from. The planet she grew up on was never relatively cold. Windy and majorly unstable, but never cold. 

Before Yukiko could reply to her partner whom had softened her tone just a little to explain her thoughts in training, she saw the monotone canine pull her cloak around her like a travelling merchant and curled up surprisingly small in her seat. Understanding completely that the female was going to nap for a bit until the train arrived at their destination, Yukiko couldn't help but smile softly as Dione turned her back and relax slightly as she fell into what was probably a light snooze. 

Turning back to the seats in front of them, Yukiko propped her booted feet up on the one right in front of her and pressed a small button on her wrist phone, making wire thin extensions fly out of a tiny hole and into her opposite hand. The smallest of earphones unfolded for her to put in her ears as she quickly found her music app. As the Singer of her favourite musician floated into her eardrums, Yukiko closed her eyes lazily and let herself slip into a light sleep also. 

It felt like maybe ten minutes had passed before the train jolted slightly, startling the purple feline from her seat. For a fleeting moment she forgot completely where she was and slipped off and on to the floor rather ungracefully to say the least. 

"Yeah yeah, G'morning yourself, dammit." Yukiko grumbled in distaste at the floor she was now getting up from, trying to ignore the disgusting habits previous occupants had by sticking leftover chewing gum on the underside of the small pop out tables. From the way Dione had spoken it was as if she saw her laying sprawled on the dirty flooring but when she looked up,she had only just turned around as she even opened her mouth,not even noticing she wasn't next to her,but actually more below. "Fucking train hasn't even stopped and I'm already making an idiot of myself." 
She sighed loudly in aggravation and plopped herself back down onto where she was sitting previously, pouting almost childishly. It would appear the violet female had not had the best awakening.
Back to top Go down
Dione Captor

Dione Captor

A Brand New Start Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Brand New Start   A Brand New Start Icon_minitimeSat Mar 25, 2017 1:57 pm

When Dione heard the quiet grumbling and growling of the cat next to her, she turned her head and was just in time to see the girl sitting on the ground and getting back into her seat. A light chuckle escaped the wolf and she smiled. "Smooth, nosey cat." she said as she turned her head away and started looking outside. 

The landscape was one she immediately recognised. The plains next to the rails were plains she used to train a lot when it was fitting weather for it. Sometimes the sun would be scorching and ruthless, sometimes it would be storming and raining. Other times the wind would just blow incredibly strong and whip up sandstorms as there was little to none vegetation. Just a few landcrawlers and avians would inhabit the plains. On the horizon the mountains appeared and they brought back memories as well. One time Dione nearly got killed in an avalanche and since then she doesn't really like the place anymore. However, it did offer her quite a few options to train herself and with her Master. 

Dione quietly sighed and looked back at Yukiko. "We're nearly there. If you look outside you'll see where I've trained a lot, apart from the cave I usually go to when the weather isn't right." Once again she rubbed her eyes and slowly stood up, grabbed her bag and made her way to the exit of the train. "You coming? We're nearly there, it's just a minute or so." 

As the train slowed down and stopped, the dark canine felt herself tilting backwards slightly because of the change in velocity. The doors opened and she stepped outside. Once on the platform she waited for the violet leopard to follow her to her favourite place of the station: the pizzaria. "I hope you're hungry, these people have the best pizzas in the world!"
Back to top Go down

A Brand New Start Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Brand New Start   A Brand New Start Icon_minitimeSat Mar 25, 2017 7:18 pm

Amber orange orbs found their way to watch the landscape quickly changing outside, choosing to ignore the 'nosey cat' comment. She spotted the very cave Dione had spoken of where she would find solace when it was in the harsher weather and briefly thought back to her 'home' town, where the weather was forever unstable and only just liveable in. She remembered many times where the others there would create shelters out of... Well whatever they had available that didn't involve technology. It really wasn't until she had managed to leave that they were really living in prehistoric times. 

This place looked so different to where Yukiko had resided previously, and not in a bad way. It was rather refreshing to see such vast landscaping and rather pleasant weather instead of all the dull and gloomy rain and winds that just seemed to follow her wherever she went, reflecting her down mood. Right now she felt quite relaxed and comfortable, so was more giddy and excited than anything to get off the train and explore. 

As the train pulled to a stop, a slight incline was apparent but it wasn't too noticeable to those who were used to it. Yukiko pretended to be one of those regulars, and following what some around did, she was able to keep her normally rather clumsy footing. She followed the grey- black female off of the transport and was greeted by the smell of food which made her food deprived stomach growl loudly in agreement that it smelled amazing. A bright blush found it's way to her face at forgetting she had been hungry before. If she were to be completely honest with herself, she had never really ever tried pizza before. With not having a lot to live on before, she just basically lived off of buying ingredients and cooking in bulk. Sadly pizza was never one of those. 
But she couldn't let Dione know that now, could she? 

Yukiko nodded, underneath her fur still an embarrassed shade of red and followed the grey wolf girl towards the pizzaria. "It smells so good... "
Back to top Go down
Dione Captor

Dione Captor

A Brand New Start Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Brand New Start   A Brand New Start Icon_minitimeSat Mar 25, 2017 7:49 pm

"Hmm I know right!" The dark canine breathed in deeply, inhaling the scent of freshly baked pizza and made her way into the fast-food place. It was small for it was only a train station hut but it was cozy and warm. One could even say too warm for the ovens were burning hot and the kitchen was connected with the ordering area. "Hang on, before we go in, let me dial up a taxi. They usually don't hang around here but are to be 'ordered'." 

With that, the girl stopped walking and selected a few things on her holo-phone. She called the taxi and after finishing the conversation she turned back to Yukiko. "So. Ever heard of landcrawlers? Omg the landcrawler pizza is the best. It has garlic saucs and thin slices of meat and bell-peppers and cheese! You won't believe so good." Dione walked to the entrance of the pizza place. "If it doesn't sound good to you, you can always pick something else! They have the Ki-Mun special, it's with pineapple and horker meat, though I personally don't really like that one. Ergh, just look at the menu and I'm sure you'll pick something good. Because, who doesn't love pizza in general, am I right?" 

She chuckled lightly and once at the counter she ordered her regular meal, the landcrawler pizza. It was just something she loved. With that she ordered a large cup of cherry soda, a new thing that had only gotten in stock a few weeks ago and Dione had fallen in love with it. "Oh, by the way, the taxi is here in 30 minutes so we'll have plenty of time. Besides, we can take the pizza with us in the boxes."
Back to top Go down

A Brand New Start Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Brand New Start   A Brand New Start Icon_minitimeSat Mar 25, 2017 8:45 pm

For a moment Yukiko blinked stupidly as Dione began rattling off pizza titles in her direction. Then came the 'Ki-mun special" which made her wrinkle her nose slightly at the mention of pineapple. Whoever thought it was right to put fruit in a pizza were off their rocker. 

Keeping her cool, Yukiko inhaled again to smell the doughy smell of freshly cooked food. From the grey canines description you got to witness your meal be made right in front of you, which was always something that could occupy her for hours. As she wasn't best informed in pizza toppings, she thought it would be best just to follow Diones lead. "I'll just have the same as you. You've bigged it up so much anyway, so how can I say no to trying it?"

So with the taxi being with them in half an hour meant plenty time for them to sit down and eat their food, and if one was slower they could take it with them anyway. Convenient. 

She turned around to the window where the pizzas were made and watched the 'magic' happen. The heat of the place was killing her rapidly, but so was her hunger. Before she knew it, she found herself almost crawling out of the pizzaria gasping for some fresher air than the suffocating warmth in there.
Back to top Go down
Dione Captor

Dione Captor

A Brand New Start Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Brand New Start   A Brand New Start Icon_minitimeSat Mar 25, 2017 9:22 pm

Dione took a seat at one of the tiny tables in the small space they were in and started watching the chef doing his job and making the pizzas. The sweet smell of the landcrawler meat and the seasoning in combination with the slightly less strong aroma of the cheese blended so well together and it made the canine's mouth water slightly. 

"I guess you're right. You should remember this place, they have the best stuff in town and do deliveries as well." However, before she could properly finish talking, the purple coloured leopard had already taken off to leave the hut. What was going on? "I'll be back in a minute!" the girl yelled at the chef before running after Yukiko. 

"Are you alright there?" For a split second a thought of the cat getting homesick flashed through Dione's mind. 'No, it can't be. Would it be?' A worried expression formed on the canine's face and she furrowed her eyebrows. "If you.. want to wait here you can? I'll just get the stuff and then we'll sit on one of the benches close to where the taxis arrive?"
Back to top Go down

A Brand New Start Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Brand New Start   A Brand New Start Icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2017 4:10 pm

Yukiko stopped and bend over a little to take in deep breaths of the cooler air outside of the warmer establishment. She really didn't mean to run off like that and potentially worry Dione by just up and leaving, but it was just too much for her to take in. She looked back for a moment to see the grey wolf running after her looking quite concerned about what she had just done. 

"Sorry... Too warm... Couldn't breathe." 
That had never happened to her before,  it to be honest with herself she had never been in a place that had any excessive heat like that. It was as if it was suffocating her. She would have said her fur was too thick and passed that off as the reason, but Dione had quite a thick coat also and didn't even flinch. She took one last inhale of the fresher air and sighed loudly. "I have no idea what just happened. Guess heat doesn't bring out the best in me."

Her stomach growled again in protest that she had used even more energy by rushing away and another embarrassed expression found it's way to the surface. 
"I don't want to be a burden but if I wait out here, maybe it would be okay just to eat outside instead? I apologise."
Back to top Go down
Dione Captor

Dione Captor

A Brand New Start Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Brand New Start   A Brand New Start Icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2017 6:35 pm

Dione frowned when she heard that. "Nonesense, you just wait here, I'll get the pizzas and we'll grab a seat outside." Before she turned away she hesitated for a moment. "Just try to take things easy then." 

With that she did turn away and walked back inside, only to pick up the pizzas and the cola and walk back out. "Here, if you can take..." she said while handing the boxes and cups over to Yukiko. "...this, I will get our bags." When the girl had taken the things from her the canine walked back inside for the last that day, grabbed the bags and went back outside. She swung her own back onto her shoulder and handed the other one to the purple leopard as she took one of the sets of food. 

"Let's go. It's very closeby, you can actually see it already." Dione pointed in the direction she meant and started walking there. The smell of the pizza filled her nose and made her own stomach growl this time which made her face turn red under her fur and her ears twitch lightly.
Back to top Go down

A Brand New Start Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Brand New Start   A Brand New Start Icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2017 8:39 pm

The amber eyes of the snow leopard widened slightly. She had left her bag behind like a complete idiot. She was not getting off to the best start in this whole assissin thing. If she left her own belongings behind just because of a little extra heat, then what would she be like out there in the field in the future?

"Dione I... Urgh, why am I so stupid? Hahah you and your master have your work cut out with me. I was stupid for running out like that, and leaving my stuff behind too is only shouldering on to you as well. I hope training will help me work in these environments much better. I dont want to be a hinderence. I want to...be like you I guess?"

Great, now she sounded like a fangirl. But she wasn't wrong. The grey wolf always looked so strong and confident in herself and everything around her. Yukiko was a clumsy fool who was starting to believe she was in way over her head. 
'Patience, Coco, patience and you'll prove yourself wrong.'

She shook her head, making her hair flow around her like a black waterfall. "Never mind... would we get started on the training as soon as I arrive? Or would the matter of living quarters and such come first? Oh! Or would your Master be testing me to see if I'm worthy?"

Yukiko realised that she had just asked a plethora of questions out of the blue, and threw a hand over her mouth at how chilidsh she must have sounded. She blushed a bright crimson and laughed shyly. "I guess all of this is making me eager to get started."

The smell of her pizza wafted up her nose and she felt herself begin to drool. She looked over to Dione to see the somewhat uncomfortable look on her face again and knew she was embarrassed at her stomach speaking for her. "Hey, even you aren't immune to the smell of good food, lets eat and get your ears to stop doing that adorable twitching."
Back to top Go down
Dione Captor

Dione Captor

A Brand New Start Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Brand New Start   A Brand New Start Icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2017 11:00 pm

The questions certainly were.. unexpected to say the least. It was kind of like the purple coloured leopard had suddenly decided to let all her questions about all of this out. "I uhh. Hang on, it's not adorable! Stop calling me that." The girl frowned slightly but couldn't help but grin afterwards. 

"Also, you're not stupid? If you were I wouldn't have asked you on this journey to begin with. In my years of training I picked up some tricks on how to recognise good traits and I recognised some in you. Like how nosey you are." The 'I want to be like you' part was unexpected as well. this cat was full of surprises, but what can you expect if you've met someone only hours before?

Dione chuckled and kept walking and talking at the same time. "Master Duli will probably have a small room for you and if not you can stay at the local inn until we find you a place. However, I think you can stay in our house as we have a guest room as well that can be made into a permanent bedroom." By the time she finished her sentence she had reached the bench and sat down on it.

"About proving yourself worthy? I'm pretty sure all you'll have to do is take the same tests I had to take as a twelve-year-old but then harder and of a longer duration. Don't worry though, it doesn't involve heat." The canine looked at her companion and laughed quietly. "I'm glad to see you're looking forward though!"
Back to top Go down

A Brand New Start Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Brand New Start   A Brand New Start Icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 12:49 am

"Heh, cant help it if thats what I see, sugar." The violet cat winked as a cheeky smirk followed soon after. Teasing the female before her was just too easy. But it was also true, she had never met a canine who responded so powerfully to her words the way Dione did. The smile just couldn't leave her face because of it.

'Nosey huh? Well maybe that'll be someting to help me stay focused in a mission, if its something to grab my attention anyway.' Yukiko thought for a moment. "Well... at least I'm not being a grumpy puppy at everyone I see for the first time," She stuck her tongue out playfully. "I said it before and I'll say it again: smile! You turn into a completely different person when you do." 

The mention of heat not being a thing brought out a sigh of relief from Yukiko. It had only been such a short time, but the way it took over her lungs like it was pulling her down was the strangest and most horrible thing she had felt in her life. Maybe that was the weakness of having these ice powers? She couldnt say, it could just be genetics with being a snow leopard after all. Back in ancient times where her kind were feral they had a tendancy to stay in the colder climates and worked better in the freezing areas because their coats also blended into the white powdery stuff as well. Where she fit into that she had no idea, her bright purple hue wasn't exactly a stealthy colour. Just where did the colour come from exactly?

But maybe soon enough she would be able to cover that with some assassin gear and darker clothing. 
"Oh I'm more than looking forward to this, I need to prove to myself that I'm not just someone for others to poke fun at. So many people used to throw rocks at my head just because they thought thats all I was good for. So now its time to set my mind straight."

Okay, so maybe she didn't need to exactly say that out loud, but she didn't want Dione to think she was doing it only because she asked. While that in itself was obviously a reason, she didn't exactly want to tell the grey female one of the more personal reasons. Yet.
It involved basically repairing her own mental state and to show herself that not everyone in this vast universe was as close minded and cruel about anomalites as those back there were. The very female beside her was a prime example, and that was a majorly big positive to her. 

Yukiko looked round to survey the landscape around them. It was mostly clear with the occassional wild creature roaming or flying around. Everything seemed to be peaceful. A calming place to live in with no discrimination in sight. Living in the capital meant she saw her fair share of those who were on the streets get treated worse than the dirt on their shoes and she really felt horrible for them. Sure she herself wasn't much better off back there, but the richer citizens didn't go near her mainly because she did actually have somewhere to live, no matter how small it was. 

Well that and most of the fat cats were actually more frail or smaller than her. She smiled a little at one such incident that came to mind involving a very smartly dressed sparrow who didnt realise what she was. A short laugh escaped the leopard and she quickly covered her mouth in surprise at her own outburst. Come on though, how can you mistake a snow leopard for a freaking mongoose?
Back to top Go down
Dione Captor

Dione Captor

A Brand New Start Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Brand New Start   A Brand New Start Icon_minitimeTue Mar 28, 2017 1:52 pm

Dione looked at Yukiko and frowned. "What's wrong with being a grumpy wolf?" After staring at her aquaintance for a minute and waiting for an answer the wolf opened the cardboard box and let out the incredible smell of the pizza. "Aaahhh..." Her stomach growled again and at that she dug into the pizza, taking a big bite out of the first slice. Of course, she still had her cookies but she wanted to save them for later, so Duli could have some as well.

"Mmmmso good." she mumbled while chewing. When the girl noticed that the cat was still standing she shuffled a bit to the left and made some extra space for her to sit down. "Why aren't you sitting? I won't bite even if I'm grump." Dione grinned and took another bite of her pizza. In about ten minutes she had already finished 3/4th of the entire thing and took her cup in her hands to drink from it. "How you liking it?" 

The girl took a big sip from her cup and accidentally burped rather loudly because of all the gas that had been building up in her stomach from the carbonated drink. "'scuse me." was all she said while not even looking around if anyone might have heard that. She just didn't care. The girl had been in more embarassing situations than that so it didn't really matter.
Back to top Go down

A Brand New Start Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Brand New Start   A Brand New Start Icon_minitimeTue Mar 28, 2017 2:13 pm

"Oh!  Sorry I drifted off in a daydream I guess... " Yukiko trailed off quietly. She opened her box and looked down at the doughy creation before her eyes. The smell wafted up her nose and she felt herself begin to drool once again, so immediately lifted up a slice to chomp into. 

The reaction was almost immediate. It was fatty but the flavours were everywhere. A groan of satisfaction and relief that it tasted good came out unexpectedly as the purple leopard began trying to eat more with bites bigger than her mouth could handle. 

"Dis if vewy goof. I goe if wafnt too eshfenshive for ooh. " the words were hardly recognised but at that point Yukiko didn't  are, she just needed this food in her stomach to fill her up and enjoy. She grabbed the drink beside her box and took a long drink to wash it down, sighing in delight at how quickly she filled up. She munched with a little more manners in another last slice before taking a break and standing up to stretch herself out. 

"That was really nice. I'd have that again in a heartbeat." Yukiko stated happily as she felt her stomach gurgle at finally being filled with a meal. Changing the subject to that of Done, a sly grin appeared on the purple cats face as she narrowed her orange eyes. "True that there's nothing wrong with being grumpy, but you can't just be like that all the time. People will start to think you won't let them in."

She placed her box back beside her on the bench and took another drink before glancing back over to the monotone canine. "Besides, if you don't, I'll just tell everyone that you're a big fat marshmallow on the inside, hmph! "

Yes she was playing the immature card here, but it wasn't untrue. Yukiko had been able to witness the tough as naile outer she'll of Dione slowly crumble away a little to show her real self on the inside. The girl did have a soft side to her, maybe it was just a matter if who she was around to let that show. 

The long tailed female flicked her wrist to see the time on her phone bracelet. "Taxi should be here in a couple minutes judging from when you phoned the company. Is your masters home far?"
Back to top Go down
Dione Captor

Dione Captor

A Brand New Start Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Brand New Start   A Brand New Start Icon_minitimeTue Mar 28, 2017 2:31 pm

When Yukiko told her that the pizza was good, a very small smile played on the canine's lips. She was glad to hear so and took another bite. Then the cat's expression changed as well. It was nearly creepy how her face changed from relief to mischieve so quickly, although the wolf did recognise something of that in herself as well. 

'Oh god, this can't be good.' was all she thought as she watched the leopard and listened to her talking. "I uh.. Pff whatever. Marshmellows can be roasted and I'm one of those." Okay that was dumb, now she literally roasted herself.

"I MEAN! Uhh.." Clearly she was struggling to find the right words. TAXI! Right! Taxi! Of course, good subject change, thanks Yukiko. "Yeah, the taxi should be here in a bit, just keep an eye out for a big, fat lion in a tiny car which'll probably smell like smoke and old shoes." Dione watched the cat's face as she said that. "Yeaaahh, people here don't really like, take care of their taxis? It's not a very well-runing business here since it's such a small place. I'm just too lazy to walk. Our house is just on the other side of town, twenty minutes walking, three minutes with a taxi. Oh by the way, don't worry about the pizza." 

With that she took a final bite and finished her own, wiped her hands on the slightly brown grass behind her and after that on her pants. The canine stood up, swung her bag over one shoulder and grabbed her half-empty cup with her other hand. "You better finish that quickly because our ride is here!"
Back to top Go down

A Brand New Start Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Brand New Start   A Brand New Start Icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 2:40 pm

The fact that Dione has basically set herself up for some ridicule at the marshmallow statement made Yukiko almost choke on her gulp of juice. She spluttered a little but managed to regain her composure quickly before letting loose a laugh at the poor choice of words. 

"You know what, just for that I'm going to let that slide without a comment. You're so easily flustered it's just too much."

But the mention if the state of the taxis around here made her wrinkle her nose involuntarily. She hated mess, with a capital H, not to mention how the grey described the smell to that if shoes in general made her feel slightly sick. 'She's put me off getting in this thing already.' She thought hopelessly as her expression told the grey wolf she wasn't the most pleased to hear that. If she wanted to remain she may just have to suck it up or walk in the future. But for now she wouldn't have a clue to where she was going and would feel silly looking for directions. 

Yukiko placed her mostly empty pizza box, save for a few crusts in a nearby bin and took one last sip of her drink before having the plastic cup follow suit. Just as she had done that, the ordered taxi pulled up in front of them. 

Sure enough a burly male lion was in the drivers seat, looking less than amused at having to even move his vehicle to pick up passengers. She wasn't sure if Dione would sit in the front or back with her, so proceeded to walk around the opposite side of the car to climb in that side. Opening the small door, she expected the smell the dark canine described, but found it to be a lot worse. There were hints of mould smell and cheese of all things in amongst the stink of feet and smoke. As soon as she packed her behind on a seat, she clipped her seat belt on and rolled the window nearest her down to get some air in the cab to try and freshen the air in it at least a little. 

But hey, at least she wasn't prone to travel sickness, right?
Back to top Go down
Dione Captor

Dione Captor

A Brand New Start Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Brand New Start   A Brand New Start Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2017 5:44 pm

As the taxi arrived, Dione threw away her own box into the bin as well and made her way over to the car. She noticed the nervousness on her companion's face and raised an eyebrow in surprise. 'Guess she's not really used to anything.' The wolf girl saw that the leopard walked around the car and sat down there. She was kind of surprised that Yukiko hadn't chosen the front seat but shrugged it off, opened the door opposite to the one Yukiko had chosen and sat down in the car. 

Carefully she placed the bag on her lap to avoid having to buckle up. How dangerous could a five minute drive be? Dione wrapped her arms around it slightly and leaned forward. "You know where Duli lives, right?" The lion nodded and pulled up. "Should be a short drive, don't worry."
Back to top Go down

A Brand New Start Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Brand New Start   A Brand New Start Icon_minitimeFri Mar 31, 2017 3:58 pm

To say riding in a car was strange was a big understatement. Yukiko had never been on any form of transport other than a cargo ship before today, and now she had been on a train and a small car. Living in such a technology starved planet as a whole made the violet cat realise just how much more advanced and forward thinking the network of planets really was compared to Fraeris. They were very stubborn though. There were so many different wonderful things outside of the small bubble of security, and they should experience it. 

That's not to say the smell inside this weird box with wheels was helping matters, but they were definitely moving much faster than on foot. 

Before long, the car had stopped in front of a decently sized place. Yukiko slowly unclipped her seat belt and took in a large gulp of air before opening the door on her side, taking her bag as she stepped out and waited on Dione doing the same on her side.
Back to top Go down
Dione Captor

Dione Captor

A Brand New Start Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Brand New Start   A Brand New Start Icon_minitimeSat Apr 01, 2017 11:53 am

The trip was short but.. pleasant? Well, not pleasant, no, but it was nice to drive through her town again. It always felt like coming home after a long trip, even if she were away for only a day like this time. The canine sighed and stared out the window, looking at the houses as they drove to her house. 

Speaking of the house, it was slowly getting bigger and bigger as they neared it and Dione's eyes showed a slight sparkle of joy. It was always nice to get back to Duli and her place. Once the car had stopped moving the girl opened the door, stepped outside and opened her bag to get her money. "That would be seven fiftynine." the lion mumbled as he opened the door on the passenger seat's side. "There." The girl threw a bill and two coins on the chair and closed the door. She realised she was being her own, grumpy and arrogant self again but didn't really care for the lion was being arrogant as well. 

"Welcome 'home'." she said as she grabbed her keys out of her pocket to open the front door. "I'll show you your room in a bit, first we must see if Master Duli has come home yet from the counsil meeting." With that, the dark grey wolf stepped inside and walked through another door to check if her master had arrived yet. It seemed like the house was empty so she turned back around, nodded at the stairs that went downstairs and waited for Yukiko to go down them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Brand New Start Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Brand New Start   A Brand New Start Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Brand New Start
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Iris: Legend of the Trinity Wars :: Roleplays :: Closed Roleplays-
Jump to: